Thursday, April 12, 2012

Training

It has been my goal and dream for the last two years to run a marathon, that's 26.2 miles.
Training so far hasn't been horrible, however I'm still new to the whole running world.
I have had sore calves, then that faded, then I ran barefoot and had sore calves again.
They got better, as I went up in miles my usual side ache got worse, one time doing 8 miles
I ate a little salt half way and that helped! But the worst is I think I pulled my hip flexer. It hurt
for a few weeks, I rested it, Iced it, put heat on it. Life caught up with Paul and I and now we are
back to square one and moving up, my hip flexer still gets very sore, but hopefully that will ease
in time.


I am extremely grateful to Paul during this whole process, before I met him i had run a big 3 miles!
The second week we were married I said let's start a running routine, run Tuesday, Thursday and do
a long run Saturday, he looked at me and said, 2 miles Tuesday, 3 miles Thursday and 6 on saturday.
I thought he was crazy, and I couldn't do it. That was my first problem, I'd like to say we did 6 that
Saturday, but I think we would have injured ourselves, But we did do 4 miles, which broke my record!

Running is a real mental thing for me, one week I ran 6 miles and was dragging my feet and getting
mad at Paul for yelling at me to go faster, I was even mad when he told me I was doing great, because
I knew I could do better, but I hurt! But then the next week Paul was on a bike due to an injury to his
ankle and I ran 7 miles with no pain and a smile on my face most of the run. I had been saying to
myself most of the run "I can and I will", or "I am Strong and Able". It totally helped.

For now I am training, not sure which marathon I am going to run, but I am enjoying this part of my
life so much right now, and love Paul for joining me in my goal.

No comments: