Monday, February 25, 2013

For Your Health!

     So the last week my co-worker, Peggy has been on a juice fast! Her son came home from Hawaii, had done a juice fast, and had dropped 40 lbs. So she is giving it a shot and I admire that. On that note I was at home one day with not a lot to do so I watched the documentary "Fat, Sick, & Nearly Dead". In which Joe from Australia decides to give a juice fast a try for a whole 60 days. He is in his 40s overweight and has a rare disease which causes him to break out in painful rashes at any moment. By the end of his juice fast he lost something like 72 lbs and no longer takes medication for his rash. Awesome!
     So I'm sitting here like, yeah! I want to go on a juice fast, clean out my system, reboot and feel good (disclaimer I don't feel like I need to be losing weight if that's what you were thinking). Turns out however that you shouldn't do anything extreme like this while pregnant. So I thought hey I'll do it after baby comes and then feel great! Yet again I'll be nursing for sure and I've been told it would dry my breast milk right up! So I'll have to wait like another year and a half to do a juice cleanse. But I hope if anyone who reads this is thinking of a juice fast, and their current health and situation will allow, I say at least try it for a week and see how you feel! Then tell me all about it!
    At least for now I will be supplementing my diet with tasty green juices.

No comments: