Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Me and Tai Chi



On Tuesday evening, I went with my roommates Pam and Liz to a free tai chi class in Orem City park. I know what your thinking.... but as you may know I'm an early student in different meditation techniques, and although this is not meditation it's very relaxing and beneficial. It has a lot to do with breathing, and the movements are meant to help you become centered. Or you could say "harness your chi".
So like you see in movies where there are a group of old ladies and gents, doing slow hand movements in the park, that's exactly what I was doing last night. If you are interested my teacher is putting together a list of books that one might read to learn more about tai chi, and if you live in the provo/orem area, you should come with me.


Next post I'm going to blog about being American.

2 comments:

jkzank said...

That sounds awesome! I would come if i lived in the Provo/Orem area!

Meg and Brandon said...

I love that you do this! I'm thinking of becoming a Yoga Instructor!! i love it so much! but it's a LOT of money and time, non of which i have right now :( oh well. maybe later? p.s i love you :)