Thursday, January 17, 2013

Winter Escapades


Don't get me wrong I love the seasons, and I love Utah. However my body seems to go into a dormant stage in the winter kind of like trees, I am satisfied with little to no outside excursions. Paul on the other hand would like to be go, go, going rain or shine, warm or below 0, and I absolutely love that about him! So since we've been married he has tried introducing me to different winter activities. This time around it was cross country skiing. I was very excited. Paul's cousin Keaton and his fabulous wife Sarah came along with Uncle James. 

The day started great, I was loving it, I was plenty warm, life was good. Then we had to go back down the hill... started out great, having fun, laughing every time I fell down. Enter pregnancy hormones into the scene and... pretty soon I was starting to fear that falling down was bad for baby, and because I was going downhill I was no longer warm from body heat. Recipe for disaster. Before long I was crying every time I fell down, and getting mad at Paul for not doing more. I realized after no one was to blame and sometimes you just have to do hard things. I decided after this escapade we would stick to activities I had done before while pregnant, for Paul's sake at least. Oh I love that man.








3 comments:

Paaul said...

I submit this last picture as PROOF that you had fun. look how you're smiling!!!

jkzank said...

Haha! Totally understand the feeling. I don't do well in cold. plus pregnancy and falling is not great. yes, recipe for disaster.

Meghan said...

Mad props for going and doing something new and finishing strong!